To post a job opening in a BGC Canada church on this site, please send the job description and contact information to the BGC Canada Office. If you are interested in being hired at a BGC Canada church, please send a completed Pastoral Profile and photo to BGC Canada Office. Once you have downloaded the Pastoral Profile please “save as” with your name and the date in the title. This is the only way that the document will save your answers.
Gateway Community Church (GCC) is prayerfully seeking a Lead Pastor. The Lead Pastor will work with the Elders Board to provide biblically based preaching, teaching, shepherding and overall leadership to GCC. We are seeking a Pastor gifted in strong biblical preaching and teaching who has a strong relational ministry.
GCC is affiliated with the Baptist General Conference of Canada (BGCC). GCC was started in 1960 and has a well-established stable body of believers. We are a healthy, debt and mortgage-free church with an average attendance around 80 and minister to about 200 individuals.
We are located in Hinton, Alberta, a town of around 10,000 surrounded by forest, within twenty minutes of Jasper National Park and the Rocky Mountains. The primary employers are in our region are forestry, oil and gas and coal. More information about the community can be found at www.hinton.ca.
Primary duties include but are not limited to the following areas:
- Preaching, Teaching and Worship
- Pastoral Care
- Prayer and Spiritual Formation
- Visionary and Missional Leadership
- Church Administration and Supervision of employees
The successful candidate shall be in agreement with and adhere to the Baptist General Conference Articles of Faith and Gateway Community Church’s Statement of Faith. He must also have a graduate degree or higher from a recognized seminary and must be eligible to be credentialed by the BGCC. He must have an evangelical Church background and have sound biblical doctrine.
Please email your application to our Pastoral Search Committee in care of Cliff Mantai at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail your application to:
Gateway Community Church
101 Douglas Drive
Hinton, AB T7V 1C1
Your application must include a resume with a cover letter and any other information you wish to include. You must be eligible to work in Canada.
This position will remain open until filled.
The Bridge Church in North Vancouver is seeking a Director of Children’s Ministry who will contribute to God’s ongoing Kingdom work in and through us. We are a growing, multi-generational, multi-ethnic congregation in the Deep Cove-Seymour area of North Vancouver. We are absolutely committed to the good news that has come to us through the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus, and deeply desire to see our surrounding community know this good news as well. Our hope is that the Director of Children’s Ministries will facilitate an experience of the presence of Christ for the children of our church and community. If you share that desire and are the kind of person described below, we welcome your application for this position!
The Director of Children’s Ministry is a part-time position (20-25 hours/week) with an hourly wage (range of $20-25/hour, commensurate with experience and education). Responsibilities will include:
Sunday Morning Kids’ Church
- Plan and lead kids’ large group time
- Regularly teach own class
- Create volunteer schedules for Kids’ Church teaching and for Sunday morning set-up and take-down
- Co-ordinate with volunteers on a weekly basis, reminding of responsibilities and providing necessary resources
- Planning and ordering curriculum
- Being a “front-line” person for new families, helping them sign in and get oriented to children’s ministry at The Bridge
- Ensuring compliance with Child & Youth Protection Policy
- Being responsible for various other tasks related to Kids Church (sign-in sheets, classroom assignments, setting up AV in large kids class, etc.)
- Plan and lead weekly after-school kids’ program (Kindergarten-Grade 4, runs from September-November and January-March)
- Recruit and equip volunteers for Bridge Kids
- Co-ordinate a yearly kids’ Christmas production for a Sunday morning in December
- Co-ordinate a summer day camp in July (hours will likely increase in the lead-up to and implementation of these two events)
- Participate in regular staff meetings and contribute to the overall ministry direction of The Bridge Church
- Must agree with The Bridge Church statement of faith (http://www.bridgenorthvan.ca/about/our-beliefs)
- Experience in leading children’s ministries in a church setting would be a considerable asset
- Education in a related field (Biblical studies, education, child development, etc.) would be an asset
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has a sincere love for Jesus, cultivating a relationship with him through regular times in prayer and the Word
- Connects well with kids
- Has a humble and teachable spirit
- Is friendly and has an outgoing, relational personality
- Has a passion for outreach
- Is self-motivated and takes initiative
- Is gifted with strong administrative and organizational skills
- Apply with a cover letter and resume by email to Tim Hoh at email@example.com
- Target date for start is September 1, 2019, though this is flexible
Killam Baptist Church/ Forestburg Community Baptist Church is a multi-generational evangelical church in two locations which are near one another. We are seeking applications for the full-time position of Associate Pastor of Youth and Family Life. This vacancy is the result of our former Associate Pastor following God’s leading from effective and productive ministry with us to become a Lead Pastor in another church. We are a healthy church with an average attendance of 80-100 each Sunday, however, we serve approximately 150 people across the County of Flagstaff. Our mission is, “To love Jesus, teach Biblical truth and reach people for Christ.”
The successful candidate will devote most of his time, energy and God-given gifts towards the discipleship of children/youth/young adults in becoming mature followers of Jesus Christ. He will also assist the Lead Pastor in providing care to the congregation through preaching, teaching and shepherding.
We are in a rural setting, 45 minutes east of Camrose and about 1 ½ hours outside of Edmonton, Alberta and operate within the Baptist General Conference.
- Some Bible School training is preferred
- Sound Biblical doctrine in line with the BGCA/BGCC
- A Spirit-filled, mature believer with a passion for discipleship and outreach into our church and community
- Capable of carrying out some preaching, teaching and training of lay leaders
- Self-motivated team player with leadership ability
Applications may be sent to our Pastoral Search Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job description available upon request.
**Church Profile PDF available below
|Killlam Baptist Church Profile.pdf||81.8 KB|
The Children’s Ministry Associate is responsible for the oversight, spiritual care and discipleship of children connected to Grant Memorial Baptist Church from Kindergarten to grade 4. Grant Memorial Baptist Church embraces a philosophy of Family Ministry that strives to equip family leaders to be the primary disciple-makers in order to cultivate lasting faith in children and youth. In keeping with this, the Children’s Ministry Associate will collaborate with the Family Ministry team to set the overall direction of the Children’s Ministry. The role includes strategic planning and ministry implementation to reach children who are not yet followers of Christ and discipleship of existing believers.
This is a full-time position of 37.5 hours weekly. General office hours are 8:30 to 4:30 Monday to Friday, alternative working hours will be required periodically to meet the requirements of the position. For this position, Sunday is considered a regular work day.
- Responsible to ensure all children’s programming and events are planned and carried out in a manner consistent with the vision of GMBC
- Responsible to work in collaboration with the Family Ministry team to ensure that children’s programming is consistent with GMBC’s philosophy of family ministry
- Teach regularly or ensure qualified individuals provide biblical teaching in Children’s Ministry
- Model team-building by recruiting, training, equipping and evaluating Children’s ministry volunteers and staff
- In collaboration with the Director of Family Ministry develop and implement an annual and long term ministry plan for effective Children’s ministry
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, staff, volunteers and the general church constituency
- Attend and contribute to Ministry Operations Meetings, Family Ministry meetings and all congregational meetings
- Ensure all supplies and materials for Children’s ministry are purchased within parameters of the budget
- Ensure the volunteer process is completed for all Children’s Ministry volunteers in accordance with Plan to Protect
- In keeping with Plan to Protect, maintain ratios of volunteers to students in all ministry environments
- Ensure pastoral ministry is provided to children, families and volunteers in Children’s Ministry
- Ensure that Children’s Ministry has an active social media presence, and churchwide presence in all avenues offered in the larger church body
- Participate in conferences and team projects
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role
- Passion to serve God and inspire His people through the development of personal relationships, community and small groups
- Self-motivated and outgoing
- Proven excellence in people skills and a strong communicator
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, motivate, train, and manage volunteers and staff
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to write and speak effectively to children, staff, volunteers, constituents and the public
- Proficient in the use of current technologies and communication tools
- Proven skills to develop and implement successful children’s programs
- Committed to team ministry, able to participate in the setting of the vision and execution of the Family Ministry Team
- Committed, growing, and mature follower of Christ
- Qualified for church membership and willing to become a member of GMBC
- Supportive of the vision and leadership of the church
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited Bible College in Children’s or Family Ministry, or Religious studies, or equivalent training and experience
- Actively pursuing a personal study of scripture, theology and prayer
- A completed Criminal Record check including the vulnerable sector search
Please send the following attachments to email@example.com or by mail post to: Grant Memorial Baptist Church, 877 Wilkes Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3P 1B8, Attn: Human Resources.
- Cover letter
- One pastoral reference
- Please use ‘Children’s Ministry Associate’ in the subject line of the email.
The applicants following the above requirements will be considered for this position.
Closing date: When position filled.
***FULL JOB DESCRIPTION IN PDF BELOW
|Children's Ministry Associate Elementary 2019.pdf||69.33 KB|
Do you have a passion for developing youth and young adults to grown in faith, ministry and missions?
New Life Church has an opportunity for you in leading the next generation to EXPERIENCE new life in Christ, EXPRESS new life to one another and EXTEND new life to those who do not yet know God.
New Life Church is a healthy and thriving church located in Stonewall, MB and we are looking for someone who has a passion for God, youth and taking Jesus’ love to the world.
- To love our young people where they are;
- To ensure that the spiritual and practical needs of the youth and young adults are being addressed;
- To develop creative and meaningful programming for the youth/young adult ministry; and
- To oversee the training and development of the youth/young adult leadership team.
- Have an undergraduate degree or equivalent experience;
- Have 2-3 years’ experience in ministry; and
- Have strong leadership and administrative skills.
A variety of experience and skills will be considered when selecting candidates.
For a full ministry description and to find out more about New Life Church, please visit us at www.newlifestonewall.com.
To apply for this position please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with the answers to the three questions listed under “job opportunities” on our website.
Resumes will be accepted until May 24, 2019.
Lansdowne Chinese Baptist Church (LCBC) is a vibrant, Christ-centered church that meets in Edmonton, Alberta. It is near the university campus and is surrounded by established neighbourhoods and schools. LCBC is a dual-congregational (Mandarin and English totalling 360) church with its English congregation having an average Sunday attendance of 80 from all ages. The English congregation is predominantly made up of English-speaking Chinese people along with other ethnic groups including Caucasians, Filipinos, and Africans. We have a contemporary worship style. Our vision is to reach out to the multi-ethnic neighbourhood and the nearby university community.
The vacancy in the pastoral position was a result of the current English pastor moving on after completing ten blessed years of ministry. LCBC is now seeking to fill the position with a pastor who identifies with our vision and statement of faith (lcbc.ab.ca/en/faith.htm), and communicates God’s Word through expository preaching and sound biblical teaching. The pastor will lead a team of lay leaders to develop community and campus outreach. We are looking for a relational pastor who loves God and cares for His people deeply.
- Evangelical church background with sound biblical doctrine
- Calling from God to full-time ministry
- Godly character set forth in 1 Timothy 3:1-7
- Bachelor degree or higher from Christian university/college or seminary
- Prior pastoral or church ministry experience in North America
General Job Description:
- Report to the Senior Pastor and is responsible to the Board of Deacons
- Provide visionary and spiritual leadership for the English Ministry
- Preach and teach on Sundays and other special worship services
- Provide pastoral care for our church and community
- Develop and disciple lay ministry leaders
- Lead and promote weekly prayer meeting
Please email your resume along with a cover letter to our Pastoral Search Committee at email@example.com.
This position will remain open until filled.
As a member of the Information Technology Team and reporting to the Executive Pastor, the IT Network Technician will maintain the information technology infrastructure for Grant Memorial Baptist Church including Server/Network/Workstation infrastructure, help desk and A/V Technical support. The individual will also work collaboratively with church staff in the areas of planning, development, project management and budgeting.
General office hours are 8:30 to 4:30 Monday to Friday. This position is a full-time equivalent position equal to 37.5 hours per week. There is a requirement to work Sundays as needed to meet the requirements of the position.
- Administer, design, plan, implement and oversee network management and provide ongoing maintenance and upgrades to the network including
- Installation, testing and support of network architecture including servers, cable infrastructure, switches, routers, firewalls, software including virus protection, and computer workstations and peripherals;
- Responding to all help desk issues;
- Analyze computer automation needs, feasibility, cost analysis and recommend standards for hardware and software;
- Perform in-depth network diagnostics and troubleshooting network servers, computer workstations and printers;
- Provide troubleshooting or network and communication problems and track problems and solutions with a view to develop methods to address problems in the long term;
- Develop standards for internal training/troubleshooting techniques on network hardware and software.
- Project management as it relates to Network and IT infrastructure.
- Develop, maintain and enforce Network Security Policies;
- Manage and Control Internet & Wireless protocols/connectivity (security);
- Coordinate and audit scheduled Network backups including offsite storage
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting for network hardware, server, workstations and printers
- Function as a technology resource and provide technical training and support to other staff;
- Support Image Development, Troubleshooting and Rollout as required;
- Recommend Hardware/Software upgrades as required;
- Prepare budget recommendations and project management and;
- Assist with planning for future development and implementation of new technologies when needed;
- Provide ongoing A/V technical support as required.
Educational Requirements and Qualifications:
- Microsoft Certification in either Microsoft Certified Architect, or Microsoft Certified Master or Microsoft Certified IT Professional Server Administrator on Windows Server 2008 or equivalent;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience maintaining and administering a multi-network, multi-user environment;
- Ability to work a variety of shifts in support of church needs (Sunday morning required);
- Technical expertise in a Windows Microsoft Windows Server 2008 environment (clustered);
- Proven experience maintaining Active Director Services and Group Policy;
- Proven operational experience with the following virtualization technologies:
- Proven experience working with Cisco and Dell managed switches;
- Network troubleshooting experience (wired and wireless);
- Integration of online email system such as Gmail into a Windows network environment;
- Maintenance of Grant Memorial App;
- Familiar with desktop imaging solutions;
- Familiar with the concepts for Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) trend for ubiquitous computing;
- Strong client service orientation;
- Project management experience including plan creation, estimating, scheduling and reporting;
- Criminal Record Check from the Winnipeg Police Services or RCMP (completion of the Vulnerable Search Screening portion is required);
- Evidence of clearance from the Child Abuse Registry;
Please send the following attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail post to:
Grant Memorial Baptist Church
877 Wilkes Avenue
- Cover letter
- One pastoral reference
- Please use ‘IT Network Technician’ in the subject line of the email.
The applicants following the above requirements will be considered for this position.
Closing date: When position filled.
** Full Job Description in PDF below
|IT Network Technician Job Description||314.25 KB|
As the Technical Production Coordinator for Grant Memorial Baptist Church (GMBC), the incumbent will work as a contributing member of the Worship Ministries Team with a clear focus on technical support for Sunday services and occasional events, as required.
The incumbent will oversee the technical production for worship services, Audio Visual Technical (AVT) development, implementation, and training requirements for GMBC. Responsibilities will include providing ongoing support to end users with technical support for audiovisual equipment, digital equipment, and software/hardware related to technical production for uses in the sanctuary.
General office hours are 8:30 to 4:30 Monday to Friday. This position is a full-time equivalent position equal to 37.5 hours per week. There is a requirement to work at least one evening per week and Sundays, as needed to meet the requirements of the position.
- Work with the Creative and Music Teams to plan, organize, and effectively execute quality weekend services and special events (as requested), providing technical support to generate and deliver proper solutions for all multimedia use.
- Ensure timely upload of service plans and other events.
- Develop and oversee live streaming of services and events with a responsibility to upload messages to the website effectively and efficiently.
- Works collaboratively with Creative Team to design staging and set elements.
- Supervises and assists with set and stage construction and management.
- Oversees visiting productions and rentals including orienting guest speakers, bands, etc, to safety, technical characteristics and other areas of facility operations.
- Provide technical support for weekly rehearsals, ensuring all aspects of Sunday services are dealt with in advance of the service.
- Lead technical production specific to special events, as designated as well as Sunday services; or ensure alternate supports are in place.
- Awareness and approval of weekly activities (not related to Sunday services) in the sanctuary.
- Provide ongoing AV support for the sanctuary on Sundays to end users including installation, maintenance, training, and end-user technical support/troubleshooting of hardware and software for all audiovisual equipment including LCD projectors, monitors, TV’s, DVD players, overheads, cameras, sound equipment, etc.
Email Applications to email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: Once a suitable candidate is selected
PLEASE READ FULL JOB DESCRIPTION BELOW BEFORE APPLYING
|Technical Production Coordinator Job Description FINAL.pdf||73.31 KB|
Westview Baptist Church with 250+ membership in the beautiful coastal community of Powell River, BC has an available part-time leadership position in our worship ministry.
WBC is looking for a servant leader with strong organizational skills who is able to lead, encourage and grow our worship teams. The successful candidate will be a strong team builder, able to work with people of different age groups, and sensitive to the needs of a multigenerational congregation.
WBC enjoys joyful, contemporary worship services. The building is modern and spacious with a recently updated digital sound system. Our vision focuses on missional outreach in the community and healthy relationships through our group ministry.
While this position is part-time, there is another part-time ministry opportunity in Powell River through Young Life Canada as an outreach youth worker. These two positions can be complementary and form a full-time ministry position for candidates with experience in both worship and youth. For more information on the youth worker position, contact Young Life Canada: www.younglife.ca.
Lakeside Baptist Church is a caring family dedicated to serving Jesus Christ by addressing the spiritual, relational, emotional and physical needs of people in Kenora and beyond.
To help our membership continue to grow in grace and wisdom, we are looking to add to our team, a new position of Connections Pastor. The Connections Pastor will report directly to the Senior Pastor.
The goal of the Connections Pastor is to assist the Senior Pastor in equipping, mentoring, and supporting our volunteer leadership with the necessary skills and motivation to mentor other disciples of Christ. They are responsible for leadership, team building, and the development and implementation of volunteer ministry in the church. The Connection Pastor’s overall vision is to ensure all attending Lakeside Baptist Church (LBC) are able to find an appropriate place to serve in ministry. They are to encourage, motivate and challenge all attendees to walk ever deeper with Christ in their personal commitment of faith.
The six main areas of focus for a Connections Pastor at LBC: Education, Small Groups Ministry, Volunteer Coordination, First Impressions Planning, Membership Enhancement, and Visitation, which are described in detail in the Connection Pastor’s Role Description, and available to interested candidates.
Qualifications are as follows:
Must be Biblically sound, adhering to the doctrine, values and beliefs of the Baptist General Conference of Canada, as well as Lakeside Baptist Church’s own Statement of Faith and Values. The right candidate will be prayerfully devoted to their Lord and Saviour, highly relational, fluid in current ministry practices, and a continuous learner, with a desire to go ever deeper in their own Spiritual walk and commitment to Christ. This candidate will be keenly interested in investing in others to see them walk and commit as deeply to Christ as they seek to be and do. The candidate will ideally have 4 – 5 years related ministry experience and post-secondary education in theology or related ministry. The candidate will have clearly demonstrated leadership, communication, and conflict management skills. This person must prove to be willing to learn and work under and with others in a team environment while being fully capable of working independently and at the head of ministry teams.
The Connections Pastor position requires great flexibility in hours available for work, including evenings and weekends with a schedule that may vary at different times of the year. The position is a full-time, salaried position and the salary is based upon a projected 40 hours per week. Compensation includes base salary, benefits and mileage reimbursement for ministry-related travel as set out by church policy.
Applicant must be legally able to work in Canada.
Please submit resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
While we thank all interested candidates, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
|Connections Pastor Posting.Lakeside Baptist Church.Dec_.2018.pdf||135.45 KB|
Calvary Baptist Church in Killarney, Manitoba is currently seeking a pastor to lead us as a congregation in spiritual growth, ministry and outreach. This vacancy is the result of our former pastor following God’s leading from his effective and productive ministry with us to become involved in a church-planting ministry in northern Ontario.
We are a healthy, multi-generational, debt and mortgage-free church, with a membership of 60, and an average Sunday attendance of 100. We are committed to building and equipping disciples through small group and corporate worship, with a high percentage of members and adherents, about 70% involved in ministry. Many of these were involved in “Bethlehem Live”, our latest outreach ministry. Calvary Baptist Church is a Christ-centred church, with a vision to impact the community of Killarney, our province, our nation, and the world. More information about our church and its ministries is available at http://www.calvarykillarney.ca/index.html. Information about our community is available at http://www.killarney.ca/.
The ideal match for our church is someone who:
• has sound biblical doctrine.
• is a spirit-filled, mature believer with a heart for people of all ages and various backgrounds
• is a motivational and inspirational preacher and teacher
• is supportive of various ministries (children to seniors)
• has an outgoing personality with a heart for outreach
• is self-motivated and takes initiative
• can build community
• is a team player with proven leadership ability
Applications can be sent to our Pastoral Search Committee c/o Bryan McAuley at email@example.com, or by mail to Pastoral Search Committee, Box 1517, Killarney MB, R0K 1G0. With your application, please include a cover letter indicating why you are interested in this position and how your experience has prepared you for ministry, a resume outlining your qualifications and experience, a sample sermon or a link to one of your sermons, a letter outlining your philosophy of ministry, and names and contact information of at least three references.
This position will remain open until filled.
Salary for this position is in line with the Baptist General Conference of Canada guidelines and based on qualifications and experience of the applicant. As part of the salary and benefit package, a manse is also available, although the incoming pastor also has the option of arranging his own housing.
Complete Job Description below as the above only contain key sections of the entire job description.
|Pastoral Search Ad.pdf||70.75 KB|
Lansdowne Chinese Baptist Church is a dual-congregational (Mandarin and English), multi-generational evangelical church in Edmonton. We are looking for a person who has God’s calling for full-time pastoral ministry and the heart and passion to serve the Lord through children’s ministry. This pastor would have a vision in developing our vibrant children ministry to the next level. The pastor will be strong in preaching/teaching, in leadership, and be capable of building up a ministry team of teachers and helpers. The pastor is also a good communicator and able to develop strong relationships with both the English and Mandarin congregations. This position will also be starting up a brand new weekly children’s outreach program such as Awana in the near future.
- Evangelical church background
- Calling from God to full-time ministry
- Passion to serve the Lord through children’s ministry
- Graduate from Christian University/College or Seminary with Bachelor degree or higher
- Experience in both leadership and pastoral care in children’s ministry
- Ministry is in English, Mandarin language skills are an asset
General Job Description
- Works under the lead pastor and is responsible to the board of deacons
- Coordinates with the Children’s Ministry deacon for mobilization and administration related to children’s ministry
- Provides spiritual direction and leadership for the Children’s Ministry
- Provides pastoral care for the Children’s Ministry team and overseeing spiritual needs of the children
- Responsible for preaching, teaching, and training of Children’s Ministry workers
- Reaches out to children’s parents and families
Please email your resume along with a cover letter to our Pastoral Search Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
This position will remain open until filled
Full-time pastoral opportunity
Ellerslie Road Baptist Church, a multicultural, transgenerational church of 1,400 attendees in northern
Alberta is searching for a full-time Pastor of Starlight Mandarin Ministries.
Ellerslie is a church with a rich heritage and a bright future. The church leadership is aligned in its vision
to make disciples who love God, love people, and serve the world, “Bringing Jesus into Life” in southwest
Edmonton and beyond. Since its founding 70 years ago, the church has grown from a small fellowship
of believers to a “big steeple” church that is active in church planting and international and local
cross-cultural mission, and is a leader in its denomination, the Baptist General Conference of Canada.
The church conducts worship services in English and Mandarin and houses a culturally Filipino service
by a sister congregation.
Blessed with stable finances, Ellerslie now is planning for the next chapter in its history.
The Pastor of Starlight Mandarin Ministries (PMM) will provide visionary leadership to the Starlight
Congregation—the Mandarin-language congregation at Ellerslie. The PMM will recruit, equip, and resource
a team of paid staff and volunteers to engage Mandarin speakers in a wide range of settings. The
PMM will serve as the primary communicator for the Starlight Mandarin Worship Services and will serve
on the Starlight Leadership Team. As a member of the Ellerslie pastoral team, the PMM will identify with
the overall church mission and vision. Working in a collegial environment with the church’s professional
staff, the PMM will develop strategic programming that will equip and empower the Mandarin congregation
for effective, efficient and life-changing ministries by the Spirit of God.
We are searching for a candidate with a Master of Divinity degree who has demonstrated several years
of development and oversight in full-time Christian ministry. North American ministry experience is an
asset. This person must be inviting to Mandarin speakers and their families and be able to engage them
in a wide range of settings. Fluency in Mandarin and English is required, as well as an appreciation of
Mainland Chinese culture. Experience in recruiting and resourcing volunteers is necessary. The successful
candidate will have a growing relationship with Jesus and experience in spiritual leadership. The ability
to obtain credentials with the Baptist General Conference of Canada is also required.
Edmonton is the capital of Alberta, Canada. The city is a growing, progressive community with a stable,
healthy economy, good schools, excellent healthcare facilities, several post-secondary institutions, and
varied recreational opportunities. Edmonton is surprisingly multicultural and has a vibrant arts scene.
Edmonton International Airport is a major regional transportation hub and is serviced by several North
American and international airlines. Housing is affordable, especially as compared with other growing
For more information on this opportunity and its requirements, please forward your résumé and cover
letter to email@example.com. The church will accept applications until a suitable candidate is found.
Friendship Baptist Church of Coquitlam is prayerfully seeking the Lord’s choice for a gifted Senior Pastor. We are a Christ-centered, bible-based, evangelical congregation of about 80 which actively encourages member involvement in ministry. Our mandate is to make disciples of Christ. We envision ourselves as a regional church caring for people of all ages, drawing them to Christ, and building Christians to maturity.
We seek a teacher of God’s word, who is committed to and empowered by personal prayer and worship, and who thereby exhibits a vibrant, growing relationship with Jesus Christ. The Senior Pastor should love people, and through his ministry effectively lead and equip believers for ministry. He should also possess strong interpersonal and communication skills when working with staff, leadership and lay ministry teams as we cooperatively fulfill God’s vision and direction for the church. While we prefer candidates have previous experience and education related to this role, we place much greater weight on God’s gifting and call upon their lives.
We seek an experienced Senior Pastor who demonstrates:
• Godly character with a love for people of all ages and backgrounds
• A heart for evangelism while remaining true to God’s word
• Gifting in equipping and shepherding God’s people
• Strong leadership skills
• A reliance on God through both personal and corporate prayer, in all aspects of ministry
Coquitlam is located in the Greater Vancouver area in British Columbia, Canada, with a population in excess of 230,000 in the Tri-City area (Coquitlam, Port Moody, Port Coquitlam).
Job category: Senior Pastor
Job status: Full-time
Education desired: Masters Degree or less, depending on experience
Experience desired (years): 5
Denomination: Baptist — Other
Church Size: 80
Worship Style: Contemporary
Closing date March 31, 2020
Send resume attention David Payan, Search Committee to
We are a church located in Drayton Valley Alberta, a rural community one hour West of Leduc.
Oil and gas is the primary driver of Drayton Valley's economy (Like many Alberta towns). Agriculture and forestry also play roles in the local economy. A saw mill is located in the town. The population is approximately 7,000 with about 30,000 in the surrounding area. Drayton Valley is home to six public schools that are part of the Wild Rose School Division, and two schools that are part of the Catholic School Division.
We (Calvary Baptist Church) are affiliated with the Baptist General Conference of Canada and we hold to their statement of beliefs. We have been a part of the community for more than 50 years. Our congregation meets regularly on Sundays at 10:30 am for Worship with around 100 in attendance on average. We are a mixture of all ages with notably more young families and seniors. It is our desire to hire someone called to pastor here in this community in the areas of youth and worship (music).
The purpose of a job description is three-fold:
- It gives the church and the Pastor of Youth & Worship an understanding of work expectations.
- The job description protects the Pastor of Youth & Worship from being assigned tasks beyond their immediate responsibilities.
- The job description also gives the church a specific way to evaluate the work performed by the Pastor of Youth & Worship.
No job description can cover every situation or circumstance and therefore it is a general guideline and must be interpreted with some flexibility (flexibility for the pastor and flexibility for the church). Feedback from the church board, pastor and lay ministry volunteers will provide the pastor for Youth & Worship with general guidelines for implementing their ministry.
**Resumes and questions for the Search Committee can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org you can phone the church office for direction (780-542-4774). Not all electronic submissions will be responded to personally. **
|Pastor of Youth and Worship Job Description 2018- Calvary Baptist Drayton Valley.pdf||303.27 KB|
BAPTIST GENERAL CONFERENCE OF SASKATCHEWAN
We are looking for God’s person to lead the BGCS into the future.
The BGCS is a district of the Baptist General Conference of Canada, comprising of an association of like-minded churches across Saskatchewan. We are currently in need of a District Minister to champion and nurture health and growth among our churches. With 13 churches of varying sizes and health in Saskatchewan, the key roles of the District Minister will be to: a) assist churches in becoming healthy, sustainable and disciple producing: and b) facilitate a common purpose and mutual support among the churches in the district.
The position will be a minimum half time position with the possibility of additional affiliative work.
For more information please visit our website: http://www.bgcs.ca/